Microsoft Teams Tips
Preview Your Video
When you’re in a meeting, preview your video before you turn on the camera:
- Hover over ‘turn on camera’ to preview your video
- Preview how you’d like to appear:
- Select ‘blur my background’ to blur your background
- Select ‘more background effects’ to preview a custom background or add your own
3. When you’re ready, select ‘apply’ and turn on your video
For many of us, Microsoft Teams is a necessity to our day to day work lives. We’re sharing our top tips, to help make your day even more productive and a little more entertaining.
Share Your Screen
Select ‘share content’ to present your screen. You can share:
- Your Desktop
- PowerPoint Presentation
Raise your hand and show reactions
Under Reactions, choose how to engage in a meeting:
- Select ‘raise hand’ to let others know you’d like to speak up without interrupting the conversation
- Choose a reaction like ‘applause’ or ‘heart’ to show how you feel
SPOTLIGHT A VIDEO
When a featured speaker’s talking, spotlight their video so it’s the main one everyone sees.
- Right – click whose video you want to spotlight, select ‘spotlight>spotlight’ once more to confirm.
Choose a video layout
There are different video layouts for your meeting. On the meeting controls, select ‘More Options’ and choose one:
- Gallery : This is the default view that shows a 3×3 video layout. If there’s more than nine people, Teams prioritises anyone with their video turned on, or those speaking the most
- Large Gallery: This is a 7×7 video layout that lets you see up to 49 other people at once. 10 people mist have their camera turned on. If no one’s sharing video, large gallery cannot be selected from the menu.
- Together Mode: This layout lets you feel like you’re in the same shared space with everyone in the meeting. Select change scene to change the background for everyone. Together mode is available if there’s at least five people in a meeting.
Create breakout rooms
Create and open breakout rooms to let attendees hold smaller, more focused discussions.
1. On the meeting controls, select Breakout Rooms.
2.Choose how many rooms you need and how to assign participants.
3. Select Create Rooms > Start Rooms.
Manage your meeting
Record your meeting, share content to participants, and share the recorded meeting when you’re done.
- To record a meeting, select More Actions > Start Recording
- To share content, select the Share Content tray and choose what to show. Such as your screen, an open window, or a PowerPoint file.
- Find your recorded meeting where you first started your meeting in Teams. You can view, edit and share this recording with others.